Thursday, May 24, 2012

Clucking Blossom VIII

Cluck Cluck Bloom y'all!

where  the sun always shines and everything is always free: music, love, art, food, and dancin'.  There was lots of dancin'


The festival

Clucking Blossom successfully celebrated its eighth year in true Blossom fashion this year, with music, hippies, art, and dancing.  Clucking Blossom is a free community festival every year, and this year my Darlin' Man was one of the main organizers.  He's been working on this project for months, fundraising and planning, and after a last minute craziness of Borough sound ordinances and event insurance, he (they) pulled it off phenomenally!  You'll see pictures of the ArtWalk below, its something he started a few years ago, and every year he stays up most of the night the night before hanging art in the trees, and then most of the night the night after taking it down.  Oh yeah, and his band performed as one of the closing acts. 
I had a great time, but more importantly, I'm so proud of him and the fruits of all his hard work.

Art Walk entrance





These flowers actually made me do a double take.  I was like,
what kind of Georgia transplant is actually blooming already?

Books above the path.

Floppy Disks installation

Little'un being swung around by dad.

Hooping.

This is how an acoustic band performs at an outdoor music festival.
Inside a tight group of audience, who sings along, so the vocals can
be heard by all.
Local Band = Feeding Frenzy.

spring wood violets along the art walk.

Why they call it the land of the midnight sun...
Photo taken at 11:30 pm

Fire Dancing to the Phineas Gauge.
That's my darlin'man up there on stage rappin'.

juggling fire

Fire hooping

AK fire tribe ladies being amazing with hoops.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, there's my little-un in that same picture dancing!....yeah, the bearded one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but does he really count as a little one anymore?? I know, I know, we always do and always will to mom's... but I'm probably younger than him and like to think of myself as all grown up!!! lol

      Delete
  2. looks such fantastic fun. I think I need me a festival!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! its so lovely to meet you and know you found your way over to my corner of the internet here! thanks for taking the time to comment and say hi!

      Delete